Distance 6.1 km
You start directly from the top station of the Plose cable car. Right next to the sun terrace of La Finestra restaurant, the trail leads as a shared trail past the Gasthof Geisler to the crossroads with the ski slope. Immediately after crossing the ski slope you decide whether to take the upper trail or the somewhat more demanding lower trail. Both paths are regularly prepared and lead slightly uphill for about 2.5 km to one of the most popular huts in the entire Plose area. The lower path climbs a little steeper at the end and is very suitable for snowshoe hikers.
Hike through a fairytale winter landscape to the Rossalm, one of the most beautiful ski huts in South Tyrol. The way back is along the same route or alternatively you can choose one of the two alternatives. The hike is also suitable for snowshoes.
32T 707244 5173795
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view