Distance 6 km
From the church square, head south and turn right to walk past the retirement home and another three houses. Continue across the meadows and forest to the Lovara farmstead. From there, take a left, cross the Rio Gadera stream and walk to the hamlet Preroman. Cross the road and follow the winding trail to the hamlet Costa for some spectacular views.
Getting thereHow to get to Antermoia - Untermoi: By car, it is easily accessible from the A22 (Brenner motorway), exit Bressanone/Brixen in Val Pusteria/Pustertal, San Lorenzo/St. Lorenzen, direction Val Badia/Gadertal till San Martino in Badia / St. Martin in Thurn
32T 721167 5175015
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view