When you reach a fork („Saumahd“) in the road near a tall cross, turn left towards the rifugio „Klammbachalm“.The views are lovely and the scenery is fantastic. Now continue on trail no. 13 directly from the Klammbachalm hut via the Negerdorf huts to the rifugio „Helmhanghütte“. Below the Helmhanghütte, you cross the ski slope and return to Moso via the Trojerhöfe (farm buildings,on trail no 3a).
Tips and special remarks: You can also do this hike in reverse, where a break for refreshments at the comfortable restaurant Froneben is particularly rewarding.
Idyllic winter circular hike above Moso, with lovely views and a cosy place to stop for refreshments.
Getting thereMoos - Klammbachalm - Winter
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.