This hike through the Meran 2000 ski area leads along leisurely trails.
Coming from both directions of the freeway Meran/Merano - Bolzano/Bozen (MEBO), take the exit of Meran Süd/Merano Sud and follow directions towards Meran first, to then turn right towards Hafling/Avelengo
Two possibilities to reach the summit station:
- parking place in Naiftal/Val di Nova in Meran, ascent with the Meran 2000 funicular
- parking place in Falzeben in Hafling/Avelengo, ascent with the Falzeben cable car
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.