Rest StopMalga Venegia
Experience walking along irregular mountain trails is recommended. It may happen that the path is not clear form snow. In the event of fresh snow, microspikes are recommended. Be careful of ice when temperatures are particularly low.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Predazzo take the road direction Passo Rolle. After Paneveggio turn left direction Passo Valles. After almost 3 km, on the right hand side you will find the indication for Val Venegia and the parking (Pian dei Casoni).
ParkingSeveral parkings at the beginning of Val Venegia (Pian dei Casoni).
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHiking shoes, hiking poles and warm winter clothes. Spare shirt, gloves, wool cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, water and snacks.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.