The winter hiking trail starts from Litzirüti railway station. At the beginning, the hiking trail leads along the Prätschwaldstrasse through the village, then the trail continues through the Prätschwald forest to a clearing past a farm. Soon the imposing steel and concrete construction of the Langwieser Viaduct is visible. The winter hiking trail leads you directly under the railway bridge, where the Fondeierbach and the Plessur flow together. From there you can once again examine the structure from a different perspective. After a short ascent, you already reach the destination of the hike, the railway station in Langwies.
Arosa strives to provide hikers with a well-developed and marked network of hiking trails. Please heed the rules and signposting. Daily updated information on the open winter hiking trails can be found on the winter sports report of Arosa Lenzerheide.
Tips and hints
OUR WISHES FOR HIKERS
- Dogs belong on a leash
- Please take litter and leftovers from picnics home again
- You will often see game on your walks. Enjoy the sight of these animals in their familiar surroundings.
- Leave trail markingsDo not use closed paths
- Do not leave the officially marked winter hiking trails
Getting thereFrom Chur via the winding Arosastrasse to Litzirüti, turn left shortly after entering the village to the railway station. It is advisable to travel by train for the stage tour so that you can start your journey home again directly from Langwies.
ParkingThere are few parking spaces directly at the station.
Book recommendations for this region:
- Dress for unexpected changes in weather
- Footwear with good tread, winter walking sticks an advantage
- Protection against the cold: jumper, hat, gloves, windbreaker
- Sun hat, sun cream, UV protection, sunglasses