From Langwies, the path leads up through the wild and romantic valley, through deep gorges, over high bridges, past large icicles and a wild stream. As soon as the trail leaves the forest, you walk through a beautiful valley towards the Dörfji "Sapün": an old, beautiful Walser village. It is worth stopping for a moment to admire the beautiful houses. After the village, the trail continues through the valley, passing small hamlets. At the end, it becomes a little more strenuous and steep, but after a short while you reach the Heimeli mountain inn.
Rest stopsBerggasthaus Heimeli
Safety informationThe Berggasthaus Heimeli endeavours to provide hikers with a well-developed and marked network of hiking trails. Please heed the rules and signposting. Daily updated information on the open winter hiking trails can be found on the winter sports report of Arosa Lenzerheide.
Tips and hints
OUR WISHES FOR HIKERS
- Dogs belong on a leash
- Please take litter and leftovers from picnics home again
- You will often see game on your walks. Enjoy the sight of these animals in their familiar surroundings.
- Leave trail markingsDo not use closed paths
- Do not leave the officially marked winter hiking trails
Getting thereIt takes around 40 minutes to reach the Walser village of Langwies from Chur via the winding Schanfiggerstrasse, in the direction of Arosa.
ParkingThe public parking spaces in Langwies are signposted. Shortly after the village centre there is a free car park above the sawmill.
Book recommendations for this region:
- Dress for unexpected changes in weather
- Footwear with good tread, winter walking sticks an advantage
- Protection against the cold: jumper, hat, gloves, windbreaker
- Sun hat, sun cream, UV protection, sunglasses
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints