Relaxing walk in the park of Cavalese where some benches invite you to enjoy the panoramic views of the valley.
Distance 2.7 km
The Parco della Pieve is a historical park that was originally a large lawn. It experienced a first spread of organized green from the late nineteenth century to expand in the 1920s, reaching the railway path. The exploration of the old railway line is the central point of this walk. Crossing the old tunnel is a special experience; you walk along the route of the train which, first coal and then electric, from 1917 to 1963 connected Ora, in the province of Bolzano, with Predazzo.
It is curious to cross the tunnel of the former Val di Fiemme railway.
AuthorStaff Outdoor Val di Fiemme ND
Update: January 03, 2022
Getting thereDrive until you reach the center of Cavalese.
ParkingSeveral parkings are available around the middle school.
32T 689539 5129236
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHiking shoes and warm winter clothes.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view