Distance 3.4 km
The Via Ferrata Laurenzi passes over the Molignon ridge, and is one of the most difficult Via Ferrata routes in the Dolomites. A sure foot, a good head for heights and experience are an absolute must, as, in part, it crosses an exceptionally narrow, exposed ridge. From a scenery point of view, this route promises breathtaking views over the Langkofel range, the Sella massif, the Marmolada and down into the Duron Valley below.
Getting thereThe road to the landscape conservation area Seiser Alm is closed to private traffic from 9.00am to 5.00pm. During this time you can get to the Seiser Alm by the Seiser Alm cable carr from Seis or by bus from Kastelruth. You can descend from Compatsch at any time.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view