The Kesselkogel is with 3002 m the highest elevation in the centre of King Laurin's empire. You will be rewarded with wide views of the surrounding Dolomite mountains.
Distance 11.7 km
From the mountain station of the Ciampedie cable car, first follow the signs for the Gardeccia hut, Vajolet hut and the Grasleiten pass hut. On the right is our destination: the Catinaccio d’Antermoia. The start of the via ferrata is initially steep and leads over scree and rubble. Continue over a chimney (I) to the first wire rope insurances that lead over a rock band. The via ferrata leads partly again and again over walking terrain and partly difficulty ”B". Now one crosses another band before reaching the summit ridge. Over the airy and unsecured ridge you reach the summit in a few minutes. For the descent, one first follows the ridge in a southerly direction and then descends eastwards over the via ferrata (A/B). Be careful not to descend completely into the cirque but follow the clearly visible path to the Antermoja Pass. After approx. 100 height meters one reaches this and continues to descend to the Grasleiten pass hut. The descent continues along the same path as the ascent.
AuthorCyprianerhof Dolomit Resort
Update: March 01, 2020
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view