A scenic alternative way to climb to the famous peak of Mount Roen. The easy via ferrata is suitable for those who have just started tackling via ferratas.
Distance 4.3 km
The tour does not entail any particular difficulties and once you have reached the panoramic peak, the return journey is along the classic and safe SAT 500 trail. The loop trail offers you the chance to visit two refuges located at the foot of Mount Roen: Oltradige Refuge and Malga di Romeno Refuge.
The rock face on which the via ferrata develops has an Eastern exposure so the sun lights it directly in the morning: so, depending on the season, decide on the best time of the day to avoid getting too hot in summer or to seek out the warm rays in autumn.
AuthorAPT Val di Non
Update: September 20, 2021
Rest StopMALGA DI ROMENO
Überetscherhütte (Rif. Oltradige al Roen)
Safety informationAvoid tackling the via ferrata if the weather threatens storms.
Tips and hints
You can rent equipment for the via ferrata in Fondo from the Scaccomatto shop or in Cles from the Alpstation shop.
Malga di Romeno can be reached by car on a cement road departing from the town of Amblar.
Getting thereMalga di Romeno can be reached by car on a cement road departing from the town of Amblar.
ParkingLarge car park just before Malga di Romeno.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentThe via ferrata should be tackled using appropriate equipment consisting of a harness, helmet and via ferrata kit.
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view