The first part up to Arco is characterised by a rather lively route both in the variety of the surface and in the alternation of climbs (from Riva up to Tenno) and descents (a dive from Tenno up to Arco through the olive grove, interrupted only by the spectacular single track on the Rio Bordellino).The second part, on the other hand, features a long climb from Bolognano to the highest part of the route near Monte Corno, which offers a spectacular panoramic view of the entire lake. From here the route descends towards Nago, first passing through the chestnut grove and then along a path along the slabs, which is wide and equipped with guardrails, but which requires a certain amount of attention (especially on wet ground).At Nago there is one last little effort: a short climb to the Penede castle area, from where you then sprint down the historic Santa Lucia road (watch out for the cobbled section).
The route can also be covered in two stages (return by bus from Arco).
Rest StopAqua Ristorante
Caffè Ristorante Pizzeria Casa Beust
Il Re della Busa - Lido Palace
L’Ora - San Nicolò (Ristorante-Pizzeria-Gelateria)
Ristorante Antica Croce
Ristorante La Terrazza
Ristorante Pizzeria Leon D'Oro
Ristorante Villetta Annessa
Bastione Lounge & Restaurant
Safety informationThe information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason, we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hintsFor more information on routes and hike services: guides, shops and hiking friendly accommodation: APT Garda Trentino, Tel. +39 0464 554444 www.gardatrentino.it
Getting thereGetting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino: www.gardatrentino.it
ParkingFree parking in Torbole in the Busatte Park
More Pay parking at the Panorama parking area and along the lakefront Lungolago Conca d'Oro
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Trail Running
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.