The “Dolomites Saslong Half Marathon” is the new edition of the popular "Val Gardena Mountain Run” and is one of the most scenic mountain runs in the world taking place right here in the heart of the Dolomites.
The 21,1 km trail run (with 900 metres of altitude difference) starts and ends in the beautiful area of Monte Pana and takes the runners along a partial rock and boulder route around the Sassolungo Group. Fantastic views are to be had over the Sella Group, Marmolada, Alpe di Siusi and Sciliar.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Trail Running
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.