The sledding track Tristenbach in Weißenbach/Rio bianco is an adventure for everyone. With a length of 4,5 km and assured snow, the well prepared natural track serpentines its way through snowy forests to three sunny huts:
- Innerhofer Alm-hut (tel.+39 347 1392452)
- Marxegger Alm- hut (tel. 340 5246032)
- Pircher Alm- hut (tel. 349 8704902)
Rental sledge: right at the huts
Getting thereBruneck/Brunico - Luttach/Lutago - Weißenbach/Rio Bianco 25 km
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.