Distance 6.3 km
Families with small children and laid back types will find everything they could wish for on the Rossalm - Kreuztal toboggan run: a gently sloping, wide toboggan track that runs to a welcoming snack hut. The track is approx. 2,5 km long and crosses a sunny landscape with an imposing view of the Dolomites. Walking time approx. 1 hour. You get back on the sled via the new toboggan run (WoodyWalk) to the mountain station of the Plose gondola lift.
Getting thereFrom Bressanone using your own car or by bus to the bottom station of the cableway in S. Andrea, from here you reach by cable car Valcroce, and than take the path to refuge Rossalm.
32T 707264 5173793
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view