Starting point: Plan / Pfelders
Length: 0,45 km
Height: 1.600 m
Difference in altitude: 450 m
Illuminated toboggan track: no
Degree of difficulty: middle
Natural toboggan track: yes
Toboggan track for children: yes
Description: behind the Gampen lift starts the toboggan track with a length of 450 m.
Getting thereFrom Merano / Meran to the Passeier Valley in direction of Passo Rombo / Timmelsjoch and Moso / Moos until Plan / Pfelders.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.