The Tru Liösa Foram natural sledging trail starts on the Piz Sorega (2,003 m) and goes across fields and through woods beneath the Piz Sorega gondola lift to San Cassiano (1,537 m). The scenery along the route is quite enchanting: from the snowy Alpine pastures of the high plateau, you reach the Foram forest before a final spurt takes you down into the valley.
The average gradient on the sledging trail is about 10 to 15%. To keep sledging fans safe, 2.3 km of the sledging track has been protected with legally compliant timber edging.
The start of the trail can be reached by the Piz Sorega gondola lift from San Cassiano.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A13 and the A22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as S. Lorenzo/St. Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona - Bolzano: take the A22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 km (via Brunico) - 100 km
- Connection train station - Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sii.bz.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich - 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo - 180 km / 200 km
- Verona - 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 km / 400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.altoadigebus.com - www.cortinaexpress.it
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.