Bring your sledge, but first check if it is the standard two-blade sledge. Please remember that you can only use the classic sledge with side blades and reins. If you don’t have one, rent it at Castelir Service under the skipass office.
Children up to age 18 must always wear a helmet. Helmets are nonetheless recommended for everyone.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Predazzo drive towards Passo Rolle. Once passed the village of Bellamonte, turn left and follow the directions to skiarea "Bellamonte - Alpe Lusia" (Castelir).
ParkingMany parking lots at the lift departure.
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentMountain boots, gloves, woolen hat and woolen scarf.
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.