Distance 6.6 km
A short but nice hiking tour, which is ideal to discover our valley and to get a first view. Nice for a half day or with kids, because the path is well planed and there are many interesting plays and descriptions all the way long. Description of the way: The whole way is signed with the number 1! From Moos the way goes right up, on the right we cross the little river to the top of the Brugger lift. Here right again and we follow a small path along the wood and reach the forest way to the Nemesalp. After a short walk on that road we turn right again, we pass a single farmhouse and we reach the highest point of our excursion (1443m). Going on we turn right again, we cross a bridge and arrive to a place called Sign Aue with the Hennstoll Hut (rooster hut). Stay again at the right and down to the east end of Moso, cross the road to the Passo Monte Croce and arrive to the funicular Croda Rossa. We take the path nr. 102 towards the Fischlein valley and than the right way at the signpost. We reach the meadow way and follow it going east until the ex Fortress Haideck, which was destroyed during the World War I. We go on to Sesto and cross the road and the village and return on the other side of the valley passing some farm houses (Kiniger) back to Moos/Moso. Summary: a short and easy round tour to explore the valley of Sesto, makeable also in stages.
Getting thereEasy Walk around Sexten/Sesto
33T 297574 5175416
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view