Mining museum Prettau - Bergstöckl - Rötalm - Brugger Hütte - Mining museum
As we walk along the “Knappensteig” path, passing by entrances to old mine galleries, we take a journey into the past and a time when the extraction of ore was just beginning. Above the tree line, we feast upon a richly diverse mountainous world — in one of the country’s most beautiful high valleys. The widespread distribution of the alpine cabins demonstrates the cultural imprint of people over centuries. The interesting remnants of glaciers can be seen in the form of old moraines at the “Röt” – and “Merb”alm cabin.
Getting thereBrunico-Bruneck - Predoi-Prettau 38 km
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.