Distance 1.1 km
The Val Gardena rail tracks course through the whole valley on a sunny stroll across forests, meadows, villages and local sights. Choose from Roncadizza, Ortisei, S. Cristina or Selva as a starting point. The walk follows the old rail tracks of the Val Gardena locomotive built during WWI (1915-1916) by Russian prisoners. Along the old railway line from La Poza to Santa Cristina you can find the diagram of the snow that fell since 1951.
32T 710054 5159847
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view