"Retiz Waterfall" path
Arabba Fodom Turismo Explorers Choice
☼ Trekking CASCATE DI RETIZ - Arabba | Fodom | DolomitesVideo: Arabba Fodom Dolomites
It is advisable to start the route from "Pieve di Livinallongo", possibly leaving your car at the public car park near the church. There, walk towards the church for a glimpse of the valley and to admire the small chapel behind it. Continue on the main road towards the hamlet of "Brenta" and just before reaching the petrol station, turn left and take the path that descends along a bristling flower meadow.
After a short walk you will reach "Còl (Colsottochiesa)", a hamlet consisting of 3 buildings and then continue on the asphalt road in the direction of "Retiz". From here you will have a splendid view of "Civetta" Mountain, which is particularly impressive at sunset. The 'Retiz' waterfall is worth a stop, framed by rock walls that bear witness to important aspects of the geological evolution of the valley.
Continuing on, you reach the hamlet of "Foppa" and from here, turning left, you take a small path that climbs up a small wood and leads back to Pieve. On the last uphill stretch you will enjoy a magnificent view of the "Sella" with the church of "Pieve di Livinallongo" in the foreground.
"The vademecum of the sustainable hiker":
- choose the route according to your physical and technical abilities
- before the start, read up on the route you intend to take (distances, height difference, hours spent, springs, fountains, refuges, lifts, bivouacs, etc.)
- check the condition of the chosen path
- never undertake a hike alone
- always take the rubbish back to the village
- please stay on the marked trails
- please be quiet
- do not pick up stones or minerals
- do not feed animals
- do not light fires
- do not pick up flowers or plants
Track typesShow elevation profile
Safety informationAlways let someone know where you are going and the approximate duration of the hike and avoid going alone.
The telephone number in case of emergency is 112 or 118 (ambulance).
Tips and hintsBefore the start, it is reccomended to get informed about the weather, which changes rapidly in the mountains, and the conditions of the route.
Just before the petrol station, turn left and take the path that descends along a meadow dotted with flowers.
After arriving at the small hamlet of "Colsottochiesa", continue along the tarmac road until you reach the Retiz waterfall.
After admiring the waterfall and the view, continue the walk to the hamlet of "Foppa" and, taking a path that climbs up through the woods, return to the centre of "Pieve di Livinallongo".
Public transportThe village of "Livinallongo del Col di Lana", starting point and destination of the excursion, is connected to "Arabba" village and the province of Belluno by the buses of "DolomitiBus" (BL)
Getting thereBy car
- From Innsbruck A22 Brennero highway to the Bressanone tool booth, continue through the Pusteria Valley, Badia Valley and the Campolongo Pass
- From Verona/Milan A22 Brennero highway up to Egna Ora tool booth, continue for Fiemme Valley, Fassa Valley, Pordoi Pass, Arabba and Campolongo Pass
- From Venice A27 highwayway tool booth Belluno follow the Agordina 203 to Agordo, Caprile, Arabba and Campolongo Pass
Nearest railway stations
- Belluno - 70 km
- Brunico - 48 km
- Ponte Gardena - 51 km
- Brunico - 47 Km connection by SAD line www.sad.it
- Belluno - 70 km - connected by the Dolomitibus www.dolomitibus.it
- Venice Treviso/Venice Marco Polo - 160/170 km
- Innsbruck - 140 km
- Verona - 270 km
- Milan Bergamo/Milan Malpensa - 310/400 km
ParkingIt is suggested to park car at the free car park in "Pieve di Livinallongo".
From here continue by walk in the direction of "Brenta".
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentSoft and comfortable hiking boots
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others