To commemorate the escape of 5,000 Jewish men, women and children in 1947.
Distance 28.8 km
In 2013 the National Park APC Peace Trail, with a total of seven memorial plaques, was built along the historic escape route from Krimml to Kasern (South Tyrol). It is dedicated to all Jewish refugees from Eastern Europe and to those who helped to escape. May the texts along this route accompany all people who walk this path of peace in their thoughts and encourage them to look, to act and to help where and whenever injustice occurs.
- demanding mountain path
- walking time: 9 - 10 hours
- distance: 30 kilometers
- ascent: 1715 m
- descent: 1206 m
- highest point: mountain pass Krimmler Tauern, 2631 m
Update: November 10, 2021
Safety informationA certain degree of surefootedness is required.
Due to the length of the tour, the weather conditions must be checked carefully.
Tips and hintsFor those who want to split the route into 2 days, it is advisable to plan an overnight stay in the Krimmler Tauernhaus.
Tip: A visit to the "Water Wonder Worlds" in Krimml is recommended.
Getting thereThe waterfalls are usually accessed via Zell am See - Kaprun on the B168 (approx. 50 minutes drive), from Zell am Ziller in approx. 45 minutes and from Kitzbühel in approx. 1 hour.
ParkingSufficient parking space at the entrance to the waterfalls (for a fee!)
33T 285699 5232853
Author’s map recommendations
Recommended maps for this region:
- hiking clothing adapted to the temperature and altitude
- sturdy mountain boots
- backpack with food
- help set
- rain and sun protection
- hiking sticks
- gf. Blister plaster
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view