Hike from the Gardena Pass to the Puez - Odle Nature Park
Alta Badia Tourism Cooperative
Puez - Odle Nature ParkPhoto: Alta Badia/Jan André Soraru, Alta Badia Tourism Cooperative
The Puez-Odle Nature Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is also known as "the witness to the geological history of the Dolomites". The natural park is particularly interesting from a geological and geomorphological point of view, with many typical rock formations and strata that are characteristic of the Dolomites.
The hike in the south-eastern part of the Puez-Odle Nature Park presents no great technical difficulties for hikers.
Track typesShow elevation profile
From the villages in Alta Badia you can reach the Gardena Pass (2,134 m) by service bus. Follow trail no. 2, which runs north-west through alpine pasture land, to the Jimmi hut. This can also be reached by the Plans-Frara gondola lift (from Colfosco). From the Jimmi hut continue on trail no. 2 up to the Cier passage (2,464 m) and the Crespëina ridge (2,531 m). Now the trail leads gently up and down to the Forcella Ciampëi passage (2,359 m) and on to the Puez hut (2,481 m).
You return on the same route as far as the Forcella Ciampëi passage (trail no. 2). Here trail no. 4 heads through the Stella Alpina valley back to Colfosco (1,624 m).
Public transportGetting to the starting point of the tour or point of interest by public transport is easy and convenient.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Questions and answers
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others