A walk through Silandro fascinates with the highest church tower in the country, marble, castle, art and nature.
From the Capuchin church in Silandro the tour leads past avimundus to the Plawennpark with the Freienturm Manor (town hall) and the marble stele of Martin Teimer, where already the parish church with tower and chapel can be seen. The historic buildings Sachsalber house (old court), parish residence and the frescoes at the Stainer house lead into the pedestrian zone to the marble fountain on the main square and the hospital church on Damml square. Behind it you reach the Schlandersburg castle with the Menhire exhibition through small alleys.
The walk leads above the state road into the fraction Corzes, with historic buildings and an elaborate marble fountain in front of St. John's Church.
Passing at the Drusus barracks and the station, through orchards, you head to the next Silandro fraction: Covelano with various marble sculptures and pillars. The square at the churches of St. Martino and St. Valpurga offers a picturesque backdrop: orchards in the valley, Schlandersberg Castle on the Monte Sole mountain and the mighty Zerminiger summit.
Variants to continue walking:
- Reflection trail to the church of St. Egidio
Getting thereComing from Reschen or Meran to Schlanders.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.