Circular hike on the eastern side of the Sella massif
Alta Badia Tourism Cooperative
Boè LakePhoto: Alta Badia/Freddy Planinschek, Alta Badia Tourism Cooperative
This hike on the eastern edge of the Sella massif, with start in Corvara, is a circular hike with little variation in altitude that presents no great technical difficulties for hikers. Nevertheless, you need to be fit before attempting this hike. The hike is particularly interesting from a geological point of view as it crosses some of the characteristic rock formations of the Dolomites and has some especially interesting viewpoints.
Track typesShow elevation profile
The tour starts in Corvara, where you go up to the Piz Boé Alpine Lounge hut (2,224 m) – either on foot up the ski slope or on the Boé gondola lift – where the actual hike begins. Passing along the eastern slope at the foot of the Sella massif, you cross a broad meadow (in winter a ski slope) and follow mountain trail no. 638 to the Franz Kostner hut on the Vallon (2,550 m). From the hut follow trail no. 637 towards the Campolongo Pass (short equipped section with steel cables, but not exposed). After a short descent, branch off to the left just above the Bec de Roces hut. A pleasant trail takes you back to the top station of the Boé gondola lift.
Public transportGetting to the starting point of the tour or point of interest by public transport is easy and convenient.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others