Rest area with food service at Rifugio Chalet Fiat.
At the end of the excursion, you can return to Madonna di Campiglio using the gondola lift or skiing down the ski run.
Important: Sections of the itinerary run along the alpine skiing runs and toboggan run. We recommend you keep to the edges of the trail to not hinder oncoming skiers.
Experience walking along irregular mountain trails is recommended. In the event of fresh snow, snowshoes are also recommended. Be careful of ice when temperatures are particularly low. As you might imagine, the accessibility of these mountain trails depends entirely on the conditions found at any given time, such as the weather and other natural and environmental conditions. Therefore, before you set out, you should check the status of the trail by contacting alpine guides, lodge operators, or the local tourist office or park information office.
Tips and hints
For information on the conditions of the route:
For information on the weather and snow situation:
Rates and times of the ski lift:
Getting thereGo to the south of Madonna di Campiglio and follow the signs for “Cabinovia Spinale”, the starting point for the itinerary.
ParkingPaid parking at the departure of the Spinale cable car.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentAppropriate winter clothing, hiking boots, walking poles and instep crampons or snowshoes, water bottle or thermos flask.
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.