Distance 6.9 km
Atop San Vigilio Mountain, you can get close to nature on a wonderfully quiet winter hike without seeing a single car: for a change, why not strap on some snow shoes? From the summit station, you can either strap on your snowshoes and follow Trail no. 34 or take the chair lift higher. From the Sessellift Tavern, you can visit the delightful little Church of San Vigilio, then continue on to the Gasthof Seespitz inn to the protected habitat of the Schwarze Lacke, or Black Lake, where people delight in curling and ice skating on the frozen lake. Trail no. 7 takes you back to the chair lift or more experienced snowshoe hikers can follow the more demanding Trail no. 9 to the summit of Guardia Alta/Hochwart Mountain at an elevation of 2,608 metres.
Getting thereMunich - Rosenheim - Kufstein (A 12 Inntalautobahn, toll required) - Innsbruck (A 13 Brennerautobahn, toll required) - Brenner (A 22 Brennerautobahn, toll required) - Bolzano (exit Bolzano South) - Lana (MEBO expressway) - Vigiljoch cable car or valley station: Ulm - Kempten - Füssen - Fernpass - Imst - Landeck - Reschenpass (state road 40 + 38) - Merano - Lana - Vigiljoch cable car valley station
32T 662069 5166028
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view