The snowshoe hike on the sunny side of Toblach/Dobbiaco offers a beatiful view over the Höhlensteintal/Landro valley and the Toblach/Dobbiaco lake.
IMPORTANT: Before starting any ski tour/snowshoe excursion, you must check the weather conditions and danger avalanches report (https://avalanche.report), asking also experts (alpine guides etc.).
How to reach Toblach/Dobbiaco: https://www.drei-zinnen.info/en/dobbiaco/dobbiaco/contact-and-service/arrival-mobility.html
From Toblach in north-western direction to Aufkirchen/Santa Maria and further on to Ratsberg/Monte Rota.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.