Distance 9.7 km
Start with snowshoes at Eistil Boden (car park below Russis bridge), towards Schatzerhütte. From there continue along path no. 9 and over the Piskoierböden to the hut Halslhütte. Return via path no. 10 to the starting point.
Getting thereThrough the Eisack/Isarco Valley to Klausen/Chiusa; turn into Villnöss/Funes valley and drive to St. Peter. Continue from there on the road to Würzjoch pass until the bridge Russis. Turn left at the junction and continue for approx. 1.5 km to the Eistilboden car park.
32T 710277 5171544
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view