Distance 15.2 km
From the mountain station of the funicular railway at 2,103 m altitude we run first westward to the Resciesa summit cross. There we take a little time to enjoy the breathtaking panorama and to cast a look into the neighbouring Val di Funes. After that we take paths no. 10, 31 and 35 toward the Brogles Saddle, whereas we stay approximately at the same elevation, making this run a real pleasure. Arriving at the Brogles Saddle we can either run back the same way to the funicular, or we turn right onto path n. 5, which leads into the path no. 9 through Val d’Anna and finally brings us back to Ortisei. Just before we reach the village we come to a Kneipp facility in Val d’Anna, where we can cool our legs.
Getting thereVal Gardena is located in South Tyrol, right in the heart of the Dolomites. The valley can be reached using the Brenner Motorway (A 22), exit Chiusa. Following the well-marked roads, you should reach Ortisei in about 20 minutes, then S. Cristina and Selva Val Gardena.
32T 705135 5164034
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Jogging
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view