The trails combines the nordic walking routes in the valley with the jogging routes on Monte Sole. It starts near Nischlhof holiday apartment rental and follows the “Kirchgraben” towards the Castel “Engelsburg”. Then it runs along the “Alter Kirchgraben” uphill all the way to the hut “Höfl” and finally the mountain station of the cable car “Unterstell” on 1.300 m altitude. With the cable car one reaches the valley again. Length: 3,6 km, altitude at starting point: 582, difference in altitude: 717
If you want to engage in a real Sky Run, there’s an additional route that runs all the way up to the 2,951 m top of Kirchbachspitze. The trail starts at the Unterstell inn along route No 10a to Linthof inn on the Merano High Mountain Trail; from there it proceeds on trail no. 10 towards Dickhof inn, the Dicker Alm and the Obere Moaralm mountain huts. Then it follows routes no. 9 and no. 10A leading up to the top of the Kirchbachspitze. This involves an additional running distance of 8.6 km and difference in altitude of 1,677 m. The last part, below the peak, is very tricky and affords hiking experience.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Jogging
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.