A wonderful hike following the Burgweg and Ochsentodweg to the Thurnstein Castle and the Tirol Castle. This one is also suitable for families.
Coming from Merano drive along the street Josef Weingartner.
At the end of the main street, turn right into the street Steinach and follow it to the roundabout. Take the second exit and follow the old country road for a few meters until you can see the parking lot for the valley station of the chairlift on the right-hand side of the road.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Jogging
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.