Distance 13.3 km
The Val Gardena Mountain Run, one of the most scenic mountain runs in the world, takes place every year in July in Val Gardena. The 14.5 km long route runs from Ortisei over the sleepy hamlet of St. Jacob in the UNESCO World Heritage area Puez-Geisler, and from there to the summit of Ortisei’s “local” mountain, the Seceda. The view which awaits us along the route and at our destination at 2,457 m is simply stunning. The return route can be taken comfortably by cable car.
Getting thereVal Gardena is located in South Tyrol, right in the heart of the Dolomites. The valley can be reached using the Brenner Motorway (A 22), exit Chiusa. Following the well-marked roads, you should reach Ortisei in about 20 minutes, then S. Cristina and Selva Val Gardena.
32T 704790 5161484
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Nordic Walking
- Nordic walking poles
- Nordic walking shoes or jogging sneakers
- Comfortable clothing
- Vest pack or small rucksack for longer distances
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Blister kit
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view