The “d’Ast” route begins on level ground on a dirt track for 1 km, and afterwards rises amidst meadows and woods, going past glades, lakes, and picnic areas.
Halfway through the circular route, an alternative route begins. It is 2.5 km long, starting at 1030 metres above sea level and reaching 1290 metres: a constant climb on a regular paved or dirt track that leads to a large plateau with a spectacular view, offering views of the Po River and the Apennines on clear days.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFollow the directions for Lake Iseo and then for Lovere. Take the SP 53 della Valle Borlezza and continue following the signs for Bossico.
ParkingParking lot 1, Località Pila di Bossico. At the entrance of the town, turn left into via Tre Santelle until you reach parking lot 1.
EquipmentNordic walking equipment is highly recommended.
Basic Equipment for Nordic Walking
- Nordic walking poles
- Nordic walking shoes or jogging sneakers
- Comfortable clothing
- Vest pack or small rucksack for longer distances
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Kit para bolhas
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.