Distance 13.3 km
If you want to enjoy great views and inform yourself about Europe’s highest granaries, then this is the right tour for you. Start at the Trattla sports and leisure center with the culturamartell visitor center and the South Tyrolean Strawberry World. During this tour, you pass different climate zones at Val Martello‘ Sun Mountain: from the strawberry fields along Martello’s valley path (no. 36) through the village of Martello and up to Europe’s highest mountain farms Premstl, Niederhof or Stallwies built on steep, irrigated slopes. Beautiful mountain farms with wooden shingle roofs accompany you on your way to Stallwies while crossing the partially extremely steep meadows of Martello’s Selva on the road. Just after Premstl at Niederhof, you can enjoy the impressive view of the Cevedale glacier and Martello’s high mountain world. After another three kilometers you reach the Stallwies inn where you turn right at the mill and continue on a beautiful forest road through Swiss pine forests until you reach the Wiesboden viewpoint and picnic area. If you want, you can explore the wooden irrigation channel path or the Mountain Farmer Trail by taking the path up or down.
32T 637600 5159034
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view