The Sellaronda MTB Tour is a mountain bike tour around the Sella massif with unique panoramic views of the UNESCO World Heritage Dolomites.
Spectacular Dolomite peaks and legendary mountain passes: The Sellaronda is one of the most beautiful and popular circular routes in the Alps and offers all kinds of exciting options in winter or in summer. One of these is the Sellaronda mountain biking tour. The tour requires a good level of physical fitness and mountain biking experience, because there are some tricky climbs and a few difficult descents to manage. However, for the last few years there has been the option of avoiding some of the particularly steep climbs by using lifts, making it possible to complete the tour in a day.
Following the Sella Ronda MTB Tour Anti-Clockwise there is a total height difference of about 1.020 m to be cycled uphill and several descents through single trails or forest roads. Therefore it is more suited to those who enjoy cycling uphill on your MTB or e-bike. The time needed to complete the tour varies according the ability of the biker: from a minimum 6 to a maximum of 9 hours, with a lunch break included.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region: