Sellaronda" MTB Tour ANTI-CLOCKWISE
Arabba Fodom Turismo Explorers Choice
www.wisthaler.com - Harald WisthalerPhoto: ©wisthaler.com | Dolomiti SuperSki, Arabba Fodom Turismo
A tour around the "Sella" group: the "Sellaronda" MTB Track Tour is a must for every mountain biker in the Dolomites.
The perfect combination of mountain biking and breathtaking views of the Dolomites.
Follow, with the help of the lifts, the green tour markers counterclockwise is ideal for mounta bikers and e-bikers who seek the famous uphill-flow or like to ride uphill a little more.
This a trail for expert mountain - bikers.
The vademecum of the "sustainable mountain biker":
- choose the route according to your abilities
- find out about the accessibility conditions of the path
- respect the signs
- stay on the dedicated path
- moderate pace and speed (especially downhill)
Track typesShow elevation profile
Choose a route and speed that corresponds to your abilities, the condition of the land and routes, traffic signs, weather and ski lift opening times.
Always let someone know where you are going and the approximate duration of the hike and avoid going alone.
The telephone number in case of emergency is 112 or 118 (ambulance).
Tips and hints
Mountain- bike guides:
Before the start, it is reccomended to get informed about the weather, which changes rapidly in the mountains, and the conditions of the route.
From the center of Arabba, you'll head toward the village of Cherz and its hamlet, and then devalue into Alta Badia toward Colfosco and the summit of the Gardena Pass, from where you'll begin the descent to "Pian de Gralba," the starting point of the Sella Pass.Once over the top, you will find the junction for the Pordoi Pass, and at the top of the Pass you will face the last part of the route, all at the foot of the Sellaronda that takes you up to Mount Burz where the last descent to Arabba is planned.Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
By roadBy car
- From Innsbruck A22 Brennero highway to the Bressanone tool booth, continue through the Pusteria valley, Badia valley and the Campolongo Pass
- From Verona/Milan A22 Brennero highway up to Egna Ora tool booth, continue for Fiemme valley, Fassa valley, Pordoi Pass and Arabba
- From Venice A27 highwayway tool booth Belluno follow the Agordina 203 to Agordo, Caprile and Arabba.
Nearest railway stations
- Belluno - 70 km
- Brunico - 48 km
- Ponte Gardena - 51 km
- Brunico - 47 Km connection by SAD line www.sad.it
- Belluno - 70 km - connected by the Dolomitibus www.dolomitibus.i
- Venice Treviso/Venice Marco Polo - 160/170 km
- Innsbruck - 140 km
- Verona - 270 km
- Milan Bergamo/Milan Malpensa - 310/400 km
ParkingFree parking is available near the "Porta Vescovo" cable car and near the Church of "Arabba".
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
The mountain biker's kit:
- merino wool T-shirt
- short trousers (shorts)
- long gloves
- anti-glare photochromatic glasses
- convertible helmet
- knee pads
- elbow pads
- flat shoes
- flat pedals
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others