At the foot of the giants of the Dolomites, the Rosengarten/Catinaccio and Latemar, this tour leads over roots and stones. From Welschnofen/Nova Levante, the trail leads steeply uphill past Karer See/Lago di Carezza to the idyllic Mitterleger/Radura di Mezzo. Via paths through the Latemar forest you reach the Karerpass/Passo Costalunga.
Tip: Ideal e-bike tour or for MTB enthusiasts who like to tackle altitude metres.
Getting thereTake highway's exit “Bolzano Nord/Val d'Ega”, turn right direction Bolzano/Bozen, after about 0,5 km on roundabout keep left and head towards Val d’Ega (SS 241). Keep driving up to Ponte Nova. At Ponte Nova’s crossroads, turn to the left and continue to Nova Levante (about 20 min. from highway toll booth).
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.