A timeless gem of a tour: fully enjoy the mountain scenery by saving energy using one of the many lift facilities:
Start from Ortisei and crisscross your way through the pedestrian area for a short while until you reach the other side of the stream and the Alpe di Siusi cable car - experience the first special view across the Dolomites from here. Bike on a leisurely gravel and asphalt road to Compaccio - which also represents the entrance to the Alpe di Siusi - and take a left to the climb towards the Molignon Hut. You can now fully enjoy the descent, as long as you don’t get too distracted by the views over the mountains, that is. Pedal by Monte Pana, enter Selva di Val Gardena and continue on the bike path back to Ortisei.
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.