The path we proposed to you it will take you in the presence of something particular, unusual. You will not meet rock towers or unclimbed peaks, but something smaller and perphaps less flashy, but equally valuable. In three days, it takes so long for the path to be completed, you will be always sorrounded by the forest that separate Valle dell'Adige from Val di Cembra, a riding area between two worlds already in Romans times, and you will meet witnesses of the past and of the present of this mountain. First of all: the peat bogs, ancient lakes of glacial origin where the peat have reduced progressively the water surface, creating an incredibly favorable environment for biodiversity. More, roccoli, mils and boundary stones that tell forgotten stories.
At the end of the day, you will find the heat of the shelter or of the hut: a plate of hot soupe and a glass of wine, they will help to remember what happened today and to dream of tomorrow's stage.
This itinerary it's designed and built from Sviluppo Turistico Grumes feat Rete di Riserve Valle di Cembra - Avisio, the Natural Park of Monte Corno, the subject of touristic promotion and numerous provate operators.
Tips and hints
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.