Steep but not dangerous
Distance 13.3 km
We start at the entrance of Langental and hike into the valley passing the Saint Sylvester-Chapel up a numer of terraces. After about an hour shortly before reaching the extensive pastures of Pra Dari we turn left following path number 16. Two more hours of walk and we reach the Puezalpe where we run into path number 2. Keeping to the right we reach Puezhütte within 20 minutes. For the descent we use path number 14. The first part is quite steep then gently descending meadows from Pra Dari back to the entrance of Langental.
Update: July 29, 2015
Tips and hints
Getting thereDrive to Selva Gardena to the entrance of Langental, parking space behind the Carabinieri barracks
32T 712560 5160450
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view