Extremely panoramic hiking loop, which allows you to admire the Lagorai chain, the lower Val di Fiemme and to see the Val di Cembra in the distance. We are in Passo Oclini, where the road stops and you can only aim upwards towards the sky. The itinerary proposes the ascent of both peaks that frame the pass, but it is possible to go up just on one of them.
The names of the two peaks say a lot about their composition: the Corno Nero is made of porphyry and dark rocks of volcanic origin, while the Corno Bianco stands out with its white dolomite. For this reason the two peaks are so different.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Cavalese take first the road to Passo Lavazè and then continue to Passo Oclini.
ParkingParking possibility at Passo Oclini
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints