Distance 8 km
The Plattkofel is the only summit of the Langkofel group which can be tackled with success by inexperienced climbers. The ascent does, however, require a good level of physical fitness and, above all, surefootedness when you get to the summit ridge. The scene which awaits at the ridge is more than ample compensation for the ascent, as your view sweeps down to the Plattkofel cirque, over the Seiser Alm and on to the Vinschgau/Ötztal and Ortler Alps.
Getting thereThe road to the landscape conservation area Seiser Alm is closed to private traffic from 9.00am to 5.00pm. During this time you can get to the Seiser Alm by the Seiser Alm cable car from Seis or by bus from Kastelruth. You can descend from Compatsch at any time.
32T 705979 5154807
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view