An excursion for lovers of all alpine things. An educational trail organised by VVFF, marked with memorial stones that describe the local environment and the history of the area.
Itinerary: Passo Durone, Malga Stabio, Cima Sèra and return via the same route
-plan with care your itinerary
-choose an itinerary that suits your physical condition
-choose carefully the appropriate equipment
-check the weather forecast
-if you walk alone it could be more dangerous
-tell someone where you’re going and when you’ll probably be back
-don’t hesitate to contact an expert if you think you’re going to need one
-pay attention to the signposts
-don’t hesitate to retrace your steps
-in case of accident call 118
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hintswww.comanodolomiti.it
Getting thereFollow the directions to Durone Pass. About 10 km far from Ponte Arche/Comano Terme.
ParkingFree parking at Durone Pass.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.