This route is part of the Uno Di Un Milione project. Here, through the QR codes on the original water bottles and the dedicated app, you can take part in an experience of art, relation and participation that will help you explore the water running through Val di Sole, discovering how the community in this valley has creatively imagined its own vision of protection for the environment and future generations. Want to know more? Visit www.unodiunmilione.com.
Rest stopsRifugio Stella Alpina Al lago Corvo
Safety informationWhen setting out on an excursion in the mountains, we suggest you:
- choose a route suitable for your fitness level. When in doubt, contact the Alpine Guides or our Information Offices;
- get ready for your trip by checking the weather forecast, the route you will follow and the times for the cable cars or chair lifts, if you will be using them. Remember that the feasibility of routes in a mountain environment is closely linked to the contingent conditions and therefore depends on natural phenomena, changes in the environment and the weather conditions. For this reason, make sure you are well informed about the route and conditions before setting out;
- tell someone about your route and what time you expect to return, and take your mobile phone with you.
- pay attention to the directions and signs that you find along the way: Stelvio Park signs, red and white SAT signs and red and white painted marks on rocks or trees;
- raise the alarm by calling 112 in the event of an accident;
- book the malga or refuge where you intend to stop to eat or sleep in advance;
- never leave litter in the mountains and, if possible, avoid leaving your rubbish at mountain refuges or malgas that you visit;
- if you spot wild animals along the way, we invite you to stay on the path, not go too near, not shout and to keep your dog on a lead, to stop it instinctively chasing and scaring the animal.
ANTI COVID-19 RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- face masks must also be worn in the mountains;
- keep a distance of at least 2 metres between you and other people;
- avoid sharing personal effects, instruments and water bottles with other people;
- take hand sanitiser with you and frequently disinfect your hands and surfaces;
Tips and hintsCavallar car park Rabbi (1.450m), Shuttle bus to Malga Samocleva (1.892m), Rifugio Stella Alpina at Lago Corvo alpine hut (2.425m), Laghi Corvo lakes (2.464m), Malga Caldesa Bassa, Cavallar car park (1.450m)
SUPPORT POINT: Rifugio Stella Alpina al Lago Corvo (2.425 m)
For more info about routes, services and accommodation, please contact Azienda Turismo Val di Sole – Tel +39 0463 901280 – email@example.com – www.visitvaldisole.it
Getting thereTake the S.S. 42 state road to the town of Caldes and then the third exit off the roundabout. Shortly after, take the right-hand fork for Val di Rabbi and continue along Via Nazionale to the roundabout. Here come off at the second exit and follow the S.P. 86 provincial road to Penasa, and then take a right to Piazzola and Cavallar. Continue until you come to Cavallar.
ParkingCavallar car park (2km from Piazzola di Rabbi)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWhen setting out on an excursion in the mountains, it is always a good idea to:
- wear hiking boots suitable for loose, uneven or wet terrain, long trousers, a cap and sunglasses;
- put a waterproof jacket, fleece sweater, hat and gloves, sun cream and a minimum change of clothing into your backpack;
- take a bottle of water and snacks with you for an instant energy boost (dried fruit, energy bars or chocolate);
- remember your camera or mobile phone for immortalising the views and favourite sights. If you like, you can then share them on social media at the hashtags #visitvaldisole.