Distance 9.8 km
Finailspitze (often spelt Fineilspitze) is a fascinating tour in the Schnalstal Valley offering landscape and archaeological treasures. There is a spectacular view from the summit to the glacier world of the Ötztal Alps: in the east to the Niederjoch glacier with Similaun, Marzellspitze, and to the Hintere Schwärze, in the south towards the Tisental Valley, Schnalstal Valley with the Schlandrauner Mountains opposite, to the Hochjochferner glacier with a view of the Weißkugel. We are following in the footsteps of Ötzi, the Iceman.
Getting thereNaturno/Naturns - Schnalstal Valley - Vernago/Vernagt
32T 640152 5177180
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view