The Saurüssl tour starts above Lasa/Laas. Head over Alpine pastures to the forest edge and over rugged terrain to the peak with the original marble cross. The real charm of the peak is the panorama. The view extends across the Upper Vinschgau valley including the following mountains and peaks: the Vinschger Sonnenberg, the Jennwand, the Laaser Spitze, the Schluderspitze, the Lyfispitze, the Laaser Ferner and the Taitschroi in the distance. The tour requires stamina and sure-footedness.
Possible refreshment stop: Obere Laaser Alm Alpine farm (June – September)
Getting thereComing from Reschen or Meran to Laas, at the Badplatz turn left and then right into the Schmiedgasse, at the crossroad turn right and follow the road to "Bremsberg"
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.