The archaelogical Ötzi Trail walk starts at Kortsch/Corzes, leading up the barren Monte Sole Mountain to the ruins of the little church of St. George and continues along the Schlandrauntal Valley up to Corces Lake. This magnificent though challenging hike is recommended only for seasoned hikers. Since the return trip is by scheduled bus service, the bus timetable should be obtained beforehand.
Getting thereFrom the Vinschgau Valley or Meran/Merano drive towards Schlanders/Silandro, at the roundabout turn to Kortsch/Corzes and drive to the parking place next the parish church.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.