Starting point is the mountain station of the chairlift at 1,800m. From here you can go easily down to the inn Jocher and on to the Bärenbad Alm. We continue the path no. 2, which opens into the path n. 9, slowly rising to Naturnser Alm (1,920 m).
Hikers can even go to the peak of Hochwart (2,608 m). The way back is along the trail no. 30 and no. 9 to the Gasthof Jocher, further down on no. 34 to the top station of the cable car Vigiljoch.
Walking time: from chairlift to Naturnser Alm about 3.5 hours until Naturnser Hochwart about 6-7 hours Difference in height: from chairlift to Naturnser Alm about 350 Hm, to Hochwart about 860 Hm Equipment: good hiking boots, high mountain clothing, topographical hiking map Prerequisite: good physical shape and sure-footedness
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.